Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Suitability: Genesis Chapter 2 - Questions for the Reader (Part 3)

Suitability

Genesis 2:20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. (New American Standard version)

Questions:
1.  Has God brought "unsuitable" things/people before us for a different supernatural reason?  (A new friend for us to pray for; encourage in godliness; give witness of God's greatness)?

2.  Have we instead intimately pursued someone that God has not designed for us just because they were placed in front of us?  God brought both the animals & Eve before Adam.  Yet only one was designed for him.

3.  Have we taken what was unsuitable for us and demanded that it be deemed suitable for our own purposes/needs/wants/desires?

4.  Is the burning mantra or whine of my life..."But God, I want..." or is the surrendered  question, "God, what do You want for this life you have given me?"

5.  Do my desires match the desires that God has for me?  Are my desires in alignment with how I have been designed by God?  Adam did not desire the animals.  Later, Scripture shows that he fell in step with God's plan for he and Eve.  God specifically designed Eve for Adam's ordained need of companionship in God's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment